ScreenSounds

Dedicated to reviews and news of music for film, TV and games

Friday, May 25, 2007

CD REVIEWS - Disturbia & My Name is Earl


Well, not reviews as such, as both albums are collections of songs, rather than underscore. And I don't do song albums.
Lakeshore Records releases are finally being distributed in Europe through Colosseum and are available in the UK through Pinnacle, who of course also distribute Varese Sarabande releases, so I hope in future to be able to cover both label's releases on this site.
Disturbia is a kind of Rear Window-like thriller, and is actually scored by Geoff Zanelli. The album I have here (Lakeshore CST 8121-2) is, as I said, a collection of songs featuring the artists Nada Surf, This World Fair, Guster, Louque, Love Stink, Buckcherry, Afroman, Noiseshaper, The Summer Skinny, Priscilla Ann, Minnie Riperton and Lou Rawls, with only the latter being a familiar name to me. No news as yet of a score release, I am afraid, though the label often do releases both score and song albums.
On 11th June EMI Records will release a compilation of songs (cat number 388 6122) from the TV series My Name is Earl, which I understand is quite popular, though I have never seen it. With so much music to get through, it only leaves me time to view the odd favourite show and take in a film now and then, though that is usually only to assess the music. Anyway, to the point, the CD opens with a soundbyte from the series and then features songs by Jerry Reed, Uncle Kracker, Los Lobos, Young M.C., Matthew Sweet, Rob Base & D.J. E-Z Rock, Sammy Davis Jr., Lynyrd Skynyrd,, Harry Nilsson, John Hiatt, Nescobar-a-lop-lop & The Camden County Band (who perform a vocal of Earl's Theme), and Van Nuys. Quite a diverse collection of artists this, and most of them I have actually heard of for once; and I'm even familiar with a couple of the songs.
Well, I'm off to enjoy the bank holiday weekend now, so I may not get back to you for a few days. To all you UK surfers - have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home