ScreenSounds

Dedicated to reviews and news of music for film, TV and games

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CD REVIEW - PRISON BREAK


Prison Break
Music by Ramin Djawadi
Varese Sarabande VSD 6839 (EU)
31 Tracks 63:47 mins

Fans of the popular series have long been clamouring for a soundtrack release of its music by Ramin Djawadi. They should be well satisfied with this generous disc, which I believe gathers together cues from Season One. The show has never appealed to me and, from listening to the music, it certainly doesn't make me want to change my mind. Like many U.S. shows of this kind, the score is in the modern synths and samples style, though possibly some live instrumentation may be present - I'm thinking guitars and percussion. It's by the numbers stuff, with plenty of brooding suspense and threat, drum-driven, tense and more flowing action, and a few poignant moments along the way. Around Track 26, "Panama," the score takes an appropriate latin feel, which provides a little more interest, before the final cue, "Sona," ends things on a threatening note.
I
Whatever I may think of the music, it's good that the wishes of fans of shows such as there are being catered for these days, where once a soundtrack release like this would have been a definite no-no.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home