ScreenSounds

Dedicated to reviews and news of music for film, TV and games

Friday, June 05, 2009

REGARDING MY POPE JOAN REVIEW


For those of you who read my recent review of Harkit's release of the music from Pope Joan, I would suggest you look again as I have amended it slightly, as somehow it escaped me that the film is being re-released in an extended version as She Who Would Be Pope, which includes previously unseen footage, which makes big changes to the film that I saw. In this version, Liv Ullman not only plays the title character, but also a modern-day woman who claims to be the reincarnation of Joan. The bonus tracks which I stated were "totally inappropriate for the film" in fact come from this new version and feature in the contemporary scenes, which obviously makes much more sense. In any case, good music is good music and, as I also stated, they are indeed "catchy enough" to be enjoyed on their own merits. With apologies to the producers of the film and I hope to be able to catch up with the extended version sometime in order to properly check out the score as it now stands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home